Share the Story:

CapRescue @ The Coalface

In the heart of Central Queensland, real lives depend on real heroes. With over 520 rescues conducted in 2023 alone, and a staggering 10,000 since its establishment in 1996, RACQ CapRescue remains dedicated to making a tangible difference.

But to be able to support that many Queenslanders, RACQ CapRescue relies on the support of YOU to continue being there on the toughest days.

Through this year’s Annual Appeal, anyone who can is being urged to contribute to the service that tirelessly watches over a vast expanse of 350,000 km2, every hour of every day.

While RACQ Cap Rescue are immensely grateful for the 60% funding provided by the Queensland Government, the remaining 40% – amounting to $6 million – must be sourced from the community to ensure the service continues at no expense to those in need.

Rockhampton based engineering consultancy Civil Support is spearheading the annual appeal by making a $4000 contribution to initiate the fundraising efforts.

Regular supporters of the mission, Mark Prideaux of Civil Support said that the service offered by the CapRescue crew to Central Queensland is equal to no other.

“Civil Support is proud to help launch this year’s Annual Appeal for CapRescue. They are out there saving lives every day of the year and rely heavily on community support to meet the costs of their operation. Please join with us, so that the rescue helicopters can be there for you on your worst day and donate to the Annual CapRescue appeal.”

From the outback reaches of Alpha, as far north as St Lawrence and to the southern coastal edges of Agnes Water, 300,000 plus residents rely on the swift response of Rescue300 because a big region needs a fast response.

CapRescue @ The Coalface

Kirsty Wooler, Operations Manager at RACQ CapRescue, emphasised the critical role the service plays in the vast and diverse landscape of Central Queensland.

“CapRescue is indispensable in an area as expansive and varied as Central Queensland. We deploy medical and rescue teams swiftly and effectively to major accidents, workplace incidents, and inter-hospital transfers.

“However, it is the unwavering generosity of our community during Appeal time that keeps us flying. Your contribution can truly make a real difference.”

RACQ Cap Rescue Fast Facts
Time spent on tasks in each region in 2023:
– Central Highlands – 23%
– Banana – 26%
– Gladstone – 22%
– Rocky/Livingstone – 16%
– Woorabinda Shire – 5%
– Isaac & Other – 8%

Type of tasks in 2023:
– Interhospital transfers – 62%
– Primary Response – 25%
– Motor Vehicle Accidents – 7%
– Search & Rescue – 6% T

hese are not just statistics; these are real lives. Consider making a tax-deductible donation today to the CapRescue Annual Appeal.

Share the Story: