This week Australia passed the milestone of administering 2 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
The rollout is in phase 1a and phase 1b of the federal government’s rollout plan, which includes vaccinating:
- Quarantine and border workers and their household contacts
- Frontline health care workers
- Aged care and disability staff and residents
- Critical high-risk workers in defence, emergency services and meat processing
- People aged over 70
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged over 50