Connect with us

National

Queensland arrivals in NSW asked to be vigilant after COVID-19 case in Brisbane – Sydney Morning Herald

Anyone who went to a “close contact venue” in Queensland visited by the positive COVID-19 case, a 26-year-old landscaper, is prohibited from entering NSW.

Published

on

Article feature image

He is being treated at the Royal Brisbane and Womens Hospital.
Dr Young said the man was highly contagious and had been infectious while visiting restaurants and shops in the city since March 19.
His case has since been linked by genomic testing to a doctor who had treated COVID-19 patients at Princess Alexandra Hospital, which was plunged into lockdown after a cluster was announced on March 12.
Dr Young said it was likely that an unidentified intermediary had passed the virus on to the latest case.

Click here to view the original article.