The NRL has announced several rule changes for the 2021 Telstra Premiership season to make the game “faster, more free-flowing, entertaining and unpredictable”.
The changes are:
- the introduction of a two-point field goal for kicks taken from more than 40 metres out;
- six-again to be called for 10-metre infringements;
- penalties for teams if they leave a scrum before a referee calls “break”;
- a play-the-ball restart if the ball or player with the ball goes over the sideline;
- The Bunker will now review replays…