Connect with us

National

Parrot saves owner from Brisbane house fire by raising alarm before smoke detectors – ABC News

A man survives a house fire which guts his Brisbane home overnight after his pet parrot, Eric, sounds the alarm before smoke detectors kick in.

Published

on

post featured image

A man has survived a house fire which gutted his Brisbane home overnight after his pet parrot sounded the alarm before smoke detectors kicked in.
The house, on Salstone Street at Kangaroo Point, was engulfed in flames when crews arrived just after 2:00am.
Resident Anton Nguyen said he was lucky to escape uninjured after his bird, Eric, alerted him to danger.
“I heard a bang and Eric my parrot he started to yell so I woke up and I smelled a bit of smoke,” he said.
“I grabbed Eric, opened the door…

Click here to view the original article.

Safety Mate