Connect with us


NSW coronavirus scare as Sydney’s Crossroads Hotel ordered to close after being linked to two cases – ABC News

A pub in Sydney’s south-west has been ordered to close while authorities investigate whether it is the source of two coronavirus infections, while a man in his 20s from Melbourne has also tested positive in NSW.



post featured image

A pub in Sydney’s south-west has been ordered to close while authorities investigate whether it is the source of two coronavirus infections.
Key points:

  • The NSW Health Minister apologised after 77 COVID-19 swabs went missing
  • The Casula pub is now the subject of a major contact-tracing probe
  • It’s also been revealed a man from Melbourne who drove to Sydney has tested positive for COVID-19

Two people a woman in her 30s and a man in his 50s who attended the Crossroads Hotel in Casula last Friday night have this week tested positive for COVID-19.
NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard said the woman was from Liverpool and tested positive days ago, and the man was from the Blue Mountains. He said they did not know each other.
“NSW Health has been in contact this afternoon with the management of that particular hotel, and has asked them in fact directed them, to close and provide all necessary details,” he said.
“I suspect that particular hotel is quite a popular hotel and I understand it would have been pretty full.”
Coronavirus live news: Follow all the latest information in our blog.
A pop-up testing clinic has been established in the hotel’s car park.
He urged anyone who visited the venue on Saturday night and presented with symptoms to get tested.
Two COVID-19 cases have been linked to the Crossroads Hotel in Casula.(Instagram: @crossroadshotel)
The Health Minister also today apologised after 77 COVID-19 swabs in Balmain and Rozelle near where a Woolworths employee tested positive after leaving a Melbourne quarantine hotel went missing.
He said those who were affected were being asked to get tested again.
“There is a lot happening every day, a lot of people under massive pressure. I won’t point the finger at anybody,” Mr Hazzard said.
Mr Hazzard said there was also a “troubling case” of a man in his 20s from Melbourne who had tested positive for the virus in Sutherland, in Sydney’s south.
The State’s chief medical officer, Kerry Chant, said the man drove from Melbourne several days ago, but did not know when he crossed the border.
Read more about coronavirus:
She said the man was living in a caravan, which he had towed from Victoria for 14 consecutive hours, to a park in Sutherland.
“He was travelling in a car and in a caravan and did the trip quite swiftly, we understand that he has had minimal exposure

Click here to view the original article.