Time to Shine
Entries now open for the 2020 NSW Women in Mining Awards and the NSW Mining Industry & Suppliers Awards
The Awards showcase the best of our industry and are an opportunity to reward some of the remarkable achievements throughout the year. This year’s awards featured some truly inspiring stories and it’s time again to nominate those who are going above and beyond.
If you have a colleague or if you’re working on a project that deserves recognition, this is the opportunity to share your story and showcase all the good things about our industry.
Nominations Close on Friday 13 December 2019 and finalists will be announced on Monday 27 January 2020.
|Check out the NSW Mining’s top tips for making your submission stand out from the crowd. |
1. Give yourself enough time – don’t leave it until the last minute!
2. Enlist help early – get help from your media team or someone who is skilled at advocating.
3. Address the judging criteria – use the award category criteria to answer questions specifically.
4. Quantify results – in other words ‘show, don’t tell’.
5. Provide supporting evidence – provide visual evidence to support your claims like photos, videos or reports.
6. Aim for the sky and go for high-quality – spelling, punctuation and language use is important.
7. Stick to the word count – be succinct and focus on key points.
8. KISS – Keep it simple and be specific with as many metrics, facts and figures as you can measure up.
9. Ice the cake – for individual awards include achievements in areas like volunteering, philanthropy, or specialised training. For company awards, explain what sets you apart from the rest.
10. Review – ensure the submission has been approved by relevant stakeholders and someone who can give you honest and objective feedback.
In conclusion, make it EASY for the judges. Sell yourself or your program and convince them why you deserve to be the winner.