Working with The Bloomfield Group
The Bloomfield Group is a proud and successful Australian mining and engineering group. Australian owned and operated, they have been part of the community for more than 80 years and now employ more than 600 local people.
The Bloomfield Group operates two open-cut coal mines in the Hunter Valley, New South Wales. These operations are the Rix’s Creek Mine northwest of Singleton, and the Bloomfield Mine east of Maitland. Coal from the Rix’s Creek Mine and Bloomfield Mine is railed to the Port of Newcastle, and loaded onto ships using Port Waratah Coal Services (PWCS). Bloomfield is a founding member and shareholder of PWCS. Kings Engineering – a leading NSW Engineering business – is also operated by the group.
About the role
An exciting opportunity for experienced Plant Mechanics and Component Rebuild Fitters to join Kings Engineering. The successful person will be responsible for supporting the achievement of safety and production targets by providing a high quality and timely maintenance service to a wide spectrum of engineering services including Mining, Transport, Construction, Rail and Manufacturing industries. The role may involve the operation, maintenance or repair of underground and surface mining equipment, washing plants and fixed equipment and assets.
- Provide safe, effective and efficient mechanical maintenance services to customers
- Ensure reasonable targets are met with safety as the priority
- Provide maintenance and breakdown support on mobile and fixed plant
- Perform quality inspections of machinery and document as per legislative and operational requirements
- Rebuild components on underground and open cut mobile equipment
- Demonstrate excellent housekeeping and equipment care
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices relevant to the engineering industry and a commitment to zero harm
- Automotive or Engineering Trade Certificate with experience on heavy earthmoving equipment, ideally 3 years plus post trade. Caterpillar experience would be highly regarded.
- Competent computer skills & knowledge of Caterpillar SIS
- Good written and oral communication with the ability to liaise with all levels of the organisation
- Ability to effectively communicate within and between work teams, demonstrating positive interpersonal skills
- Current valid NSW Driver’s Licence
- Rebuild experience on one or more of the following: Transmissions, torque convertors, diff and final drives
- Component rebuild experience on Caterpillar equipment would be highly regarded
- High Risk WorkCover tickets such as C6 Crane (60T), Dogging, Basic Rigging, Forklift, Elevated Work Platform and Working at Heights training
- Engine rebuild experience would be highly regarded
Investing in our people and our community
At The Bloomfield Group, they invest in their people and invest in the community. They offer a highly competitive salary plus super and incentive scheme, discounted gym memberships and a range of other benefits including family friendly rosters and site locations.
They also provide significant investment in our community through the Bloomfield Group Foundation. The Foundation has been supporting our local community since 2006, providing support for young and vulnerable people, funding for medical and health related research and other programs that enrich Hunter Valley communities.
- We respect and care about the safety and wellbeing of our people, our local community and the environment.
- We work together with integrity to deliver safety, operational best practice, customer satisfaction and compliance.
This position requires an individual aligned to the values of Bloomfield.
To express your interest please select ‘apply now’ and attach your covering letter and resume. Please ensure that your cover letter addresses the essential criteria and your experience relevant to the role. In providing your CV to Bloomfield you acknowledge acceptance to be included in its recruitment processes as defined by the business and available at www.bloomcoll.com.au.
Note: If you experience issues attaching the required documents and applying through SEEK, please email your application directly to [email protected]
Applications close: Sunday 27th October 2019
To find out more about Kings Engineering please visit www.pwgking.com.au
To find out more about the Bloomfield Group please visit www.bloomcoll.com.auPlant Mechanics & Component Rebuild Fitters
The Bloomfield Group is committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity, priding itself on an inclusive workplace. All applicants must be able to evidence their Right To Work in Australia.
Multi Skilled Operators
SES Labour Solutions Client operates a long-life open cut mine in the Gunnedah Basin and is looking for top notch Multi Skilled Operators to grow production. If you’re an experienced production Digger/Dozer Operator SES is offering a shift structure which allows for huge extra money through overtime shifts.
- Earn $120,000 per year
- Plus overtime shifts available $59.40 – $63.25 per hour
- 4/4:6/4:4/6 day/night roster, 12.5 hr shifts
- $200 sign on bonus
These are residential roles with BIBO provided from Gunnedah, Boggabri & Narrabri. They need experienced candidates for an immediate start, with genuine permanent employment opportunities.
Skills and Experience
To be successful you will possess or be able to demonstrate
- Minimum 12 months’ production mining experience
- Experienced on D10 dozer, EX1900/RH170 digger
- RII’s or VOC’s to validate previous operating experience
- Proven track record of operating safely
- Strong team player who supports the client’s operations
- Australian Driver’s Licence
About the Gunnedah Coal Basin
Gunnedah is the hub of the Basin. The locals genuine smiles and the natural beauty of the landscape paint a picture of real country Australia with a great variety of shopping, dining and entertainment venues. More information is available www.visitgunnedah.com.au
About SES Labour Solutions
SES Labour Solutions is specialist in the supply of highly skilled blue collar and white-collar personnel for full manning, temporary labour provision, staffing and recruitment to Australia’s resources sector.
How to Apply
If you are the one for this role SES want to hear from you. Please apply directly using the ‘Apply‘ button or for more information contact Ph: 0436 621 490 / [email protected]
Please note these roles are for experienced operators. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SES Labour Solutions values diversity and encourages applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and minority group candidates.
Open Cut Dump Truck Traineeship
Programmed Skilled Workforce Singleton is currently seeking applications from motivated candidates looking to undertake a Dump Truck Traineeship. You will gain a Certificate III – Surface Extraction Operations and the opportunity to commence a career in the coal mining industry. This is a competency-based traineeship leading to a nationally recognised qualification. The roster will be an even time 12.5hr rotating day and night roster, averaging 43.75 hours per week.
To be considered for a traineeship, you must:
• Have absolute commitment to the term of the traineeship
• Hold a high regard for safety by following safe working practices
• Have an ability to work in a team environment and a can-do attitude
• Be able to work a rotating roster including nights and weekends
• Hold a current NSW CP2 drivers licence or higher – MUST be able to drive a manual vehicle
• Supply 2-3 work related referees
• Be able to pass a pre-employment NSW Order 43 medical and drug & alcohol test
• Be available to attend required interviews throughout the recruitment process
You will be asked to provide an RMS driving record for consideration if you are invited for an interview.
This is a residential role, no FIFO or camp facilities are available.
PLEASE NOTE: Programmed receive a high volume of applications for these roles and the recruitment process is ongoing so your patience is appreciated.
Applications can be submitted via the app Programmed Go, available to download free from the app store.
So it’s over to you. If you would like to join the team, please APPLY now.
Experienced Operator (Hunter Valley)
MRS Services Group is the Hunter Valley’s solution in mining and maintenance support. Based in Muswellbrook (Upper Hunter Valley, northern New South Wales) MRS Services Group has evolved today into a comprehensive offering of specialised services. Their experience in providing the highest quality services, resources and solutions to every client has led to MRS Services Group being recognised by many as an industry leader.
MRS Services Group’s Mining Support Division provides a range of mine site assistance services including rehabilitation to various Hunter Valley mine sites. They have ongoing Multi-Skilled Plant Operator positions available based in the Singleton & Muswellbrook region.
- Excavator Operators
- Dozer Operators
- Experienced Earthworks Operators
Essential Criteria for all Operators:
- Commitment to Workplace Health & Safety;
- Experience operating earthmoving equipment;
- Experience within the Civil Construction Industry;
- Current Drivers Licence;
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously;
- Aged 21 or Older.
Desirable Criteria for all Operators:
- Current Medical;
- Reside within the Hunter Valley area.
- Competitive hourly rate;
- Training & Upskilling Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
National4 days ago
AMDâ€™s Ryzen 5000 Series: Australian & New Zealand Price, Release Date – Kotaku Australia
National4 days ago
‘One of the hardest exams I’ve come across’: New maths common content splits HSC students – Sydney Morning Herald
National4 days ago
Japan’s new PM Yoshihide Suga announces climate change policy of carbon neutrality by 2050 – ABC News
National5 days ago
NRL grand final: Melbourne Storm Suliasi Vunivalu Fijian hymn tribute – NRL.COM
National2 days ago
Great Barrier Reef biobank design reveals future for global coral protection – ABC News
National4 days ago
Amazfit GTR 2, GTS 2 and smart scale: Xiaomi is expected to launch three products in the global market – re:Jerusalem
National4 days ago
Andrews support strong, but Liberal leader floundering: poll – The Age
National2 days ago
It’s the hardest question in the HSC. Could you solve it? – Sydney Morning Herald