Working with The Bloomfield Group
The Bloomfield Group is a proud and successful Australian mining and engineering group. Australian owned and operated, they have been part of the community for more than 80 years and now employ more than 600 local people.
The Bloomfield Group operates two open-cut coal mines in the Hunter Valley, New South Wales. These operations are the Rix’s Creek Mine northwest of Singleton, and the Bloomfield Mine east of Maitland. Coal from the Rix’s Creek Mine and Bloomfield Mine is railed to the Port of Newcastle, and loaded onto ships using Port Waratah Coal Services (PWCS). Bloomfield is a founding member and shareholder of PWCS. Kings Engineering – a leading NSW Engineering business – is also operated by the group.
About the role
An exciting opportunity for experienced Plant Mechanics and Component Rebuild Fitters to join Kings Engineering. The successful person will be responsible for supporting the achievement of safety and production targets by providing a high quality and timely maintenance service to a wide spectrum of engineering services including Mining, Transport, Construction, Rail and Manufacturing industries. The role may involve the operation, maintenance or repair of underground and surface mining equipment, washing plants and fixed equipment and assets.
- Provide safe, effective and efficient mechanical maintenance services to customers
- Ensure reasonable targets are met with safety as the priority
- Provide maintenance and breakdown support on mobile and fixed plant
- Perform quality inspections of machinery and document as per legislative and operational requirements
- Rebuild components on underground and open cut mobile equipment
- Demonstrate excellent housekeeping and equipment care
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices relevant to the engineering industry and a commitment to zero harm
- Automotive or Engineering Trade Certificate with experience on heavy earthmoving equipment, ideally 3 years plus post trade. Caterpillar experience would be highly regarded.
- Competent computer skills & knowledge of Caterpillar SIS
- Good written and oral communication with the ability to liaise with all levels of the organisation
- Ability to effectively communicate within and between work teams, demonstrating positive interpersonal skills
- Current valid NSW Driver’s Licence
- Rebuild experience on one or more of the following: Transmissions, torque convertors, diff and final drives
- Component rebuild experience on Caterpillar equipment would be highly regarded
- High Risk WorkCover tickets such as C6 Crane (60T), Dogging, Basic Rigging, Forklift, Elevated Work Platform and Working at Heights training
- Engine rebuild experience would be highly regarded
Investing in our people and our community
At The Bloomfield Group, they invest in their people and invest in the community. They offer a highly competitive salary plus super and incentive scheme, discounted gym memberships and a range of other benefits including family friendly rosters and site locations.
They also provide significant investment in our community through the Bloomfield Group Foundation. The Foundation has been supporting our local community since 2006, providing support for young and vulnerable people, funding for medical and health related research and other programs that enrich Hunter Valley communities.
- We respect and care about the safety and wellbeing of our people, our local community and the environment.
- We work together with integrity to deliver safety, operational best practice, customer satisfaction and compliance.
This position requires an individual aligned to the values of Bloomfield.
To express your interest please select ‘apply now’ and attach your covering letter and resume. Please ensure that your cover letter addresses the essential criteria and your experience relevant to the role.†In providing your CV to Bloomfield you acknowledge acceptance to be included in its recruitment processes as defined by the business and available at†www.bloomcoll.com.au.††
Note: If you experience issues attaching the required documents and applying through SEEK, please email your application directly to [email protected]
Applications close: Sunday 27th October 2019
To find out more about Kings Engineering please visit www.pwgking.com.au
To find out more about the Bloomfield Group please visit www.bloomcoll.com.auPlant Mechanics & Component Rebuild Fitters
The Bloomfield Group is committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity, priding itself on an inclusive workplace. All applicants must be able to evidence their Right To Work in Australia.