Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. They offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Canada, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile.
- Field Service Plant Mechanic
- Dayshift Monday to Friday
- $50+ per hour
- Company Vehicle Supplied
Thiess invites applicants to apply for the position of Field Service Plant Mechanic, NSW. The roster and hours of work performed are predominately Monday to Friday day shift based on a 10.5-hour day with overtime available, some shift work and weekend work could be required from time to time based on the needs of the various NSW mine sites that they service.
In return, they will offer great opportunities for you to take your career to the next level.
As part of the specialist maintenance team some of your duties will include:
- Performing the servicing, repair and maintenance of large-scale mobile mining equipment as directed in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems
- Completing general maintenance, breakdowns, services and component change outs
- Ensuring good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- Conducting required inspections to ensure maximum equipment utilisation is maintained
- Mobilisation of fleets into our projects
What skills and experience do you need?
- This position will ideally suit someone who has experience maintaining the following machinery:
- CAT 793D Dump Trucks
- CAT 994 & WA1200 Loaders
- Liebherr 994, 996, 9250, 9400,9800
- CAT D10T ,D11T Dozer
- Wide range of Ancillary Fleet including Cummins Diesel Engines
- Trade Certificate as a Plant Mechanic or equivalent
- Post-trade experience working in the mining and heavy earth moving industry
- Experience in general maintenance, breakdowns, component change outs and servicing of heavy earth moving equipment
How to apply.
This role will provide you with the scope to make the next step in your career. With their culture of recognition, leadership development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to apply.
“We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate.”